*Ju!cE*|ClanWar:.^
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hanson Wins Czech Open Tilte Of Play Off

Go down

Hanson Wins Czech Open Tilte Of Play Off Empty Hanson Wins Czech Open Tilte Of Play Off

Post  vtopz88 Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:36 am

Peter Hanson won the Czech Open Title after a three-way playoff with Gary Boyd and Peter Lawrie on Sunday, move into the top nine of Europe's
Ryder Cup table

The victory was Hanson's fourth on the European Tour and his second this season. He captured the Iberdrola Open Mallorca earlier this year, also in a playoff.

Hanson Wins Czech Open Tilte Of Play Off Peter%20Hanson

"It means so much to get in the top nine," Hanson said. "It turned out in the end that both me, Miguel and Simon Dyson, who had so much to play for, didn' t play our best in the end. But I managed to scrape it round the back nine and make that birdie on 16 to get into the playoff."

The 46-year-old does not intend to play in Scotland either, preferring to attend a nephew's wedding, and could potentially be knocked out of the team by Ross McGowan, Simon Dyson or Alvaro Quirs.

Recommende golf equipment: Callaway x24 hot Irons Taylormade R9 SuperTri driver

"Today was really hard," Hanson said. "I was lucky in the end, after I got off to a bad start. It feels fantastic.”
Hanson parred the first hole, then went on a disastrous run that cost him the lead. He three-putted the second hole for a bogey, couldn't save par from a bunker at three and made it three straight bogeys when he missed a six-footer at four.

The overnight leader by four strokes, Hanson had a disastrous front nine that included three straight bogeys and he added a double bogey on the 12th.
But birdies on 5th, 10th and 16th brought him back into contention and Hanson closed with a fourth round 74 to finish with a 10-under 278 total at the Prosper Golf Resort.
"I put myself in a great position yesterday and I' m feeling absolutely great that I managed to do it,” Hanson said.

Hanson, the third-round leader, struggled to a two-over 74 to join Lawrie (66) and Boyd (68) at 10-under 278.

Tag:Titleist AP2 710 Irons Honma Beres MG702 Irons

News brought by Vgolfclubs.com

vtopz88

Back to top Go down