*Ju!cE*|ClanWar:.^
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay not happy with ruling

Go down

Gay not happy with ruling Empty Gay not happy with ruling

Post  water Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:21 pm

In a controversial ending to Taylormade 09 burner driver last weeks Honda Classic, US television viewers cost Brian Gay nearly $90,000 after complaining he waited too long for his 20-foot birdie putt to drop into the 17th hole.

Gay waited longer than the permitted ten seconds and was penalised a stroke costing him more prize money than he earned in the whole of last season. The initial birdie-3 gave him a share of Golf Clubs lead with eventual winner Dudley Hart, and Taylormade burner tp driver Gay believed he needed only to two-putt the 18th green to force a playoff. But he bogeyed the hole.

Gay thought he had tied for second but the rules official Slugger White, consulting videotape of 17th hole, imposed the one-stroke penalty.

Gay, a member of the 1993 U.S. Walker Cup team, still recorded his first top-10 finish and a career high $127,600 prize, but was clearly unhappy with the decision. He said, "I never knew you could hit a moving ball, so when Taylormade tour burner tp driver And Taylormade tour burner driver was moving I didn't even consider touching it. Personally, I think it is a huge grey area. "That was a huge putt for me. If I had fallen down and gotten emotional then it would have fallen into the hole before I got there."

water

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum